Top Ten Signs You Might Be A Geek:
10. You have geeky friends. With cool jobs, like “toy inventor.” And they invite you to join them at the New York Maker Faire, “part science fair, part county fair, and part something entirely new… an all-ages gathering of tech enthusiasts, crafters, educators, tinkerers, hobbyists, engineers, science clubs, authors, artists, students, and commercial exhibitors—‘makers’ who come to show what they’ve made and share what they’ve learned” at the old NY World’s Fair grounds in Queens.
9. You go.
8. This video fills you with awe.
7. You wear your heart on your geeky chest—from birth, on.
6. You make prosthetics. For ducks. With your 3D printer, of course!
5. You know people who say, “Well, it ain’t rocket science. This is hard!”
4. Who cares that you missed Woodstock? Missing this makes you cry!
3. You fantasize about flying a drone around your apartment (‘til your significant other shoots that stupid idea down).
2. This photo makes you feel kinda nostalgic…
1. You read this blog! Here’s to this week’s Photo Challenge: Signs. And to Gary and Ivy, who introduced us to the NY Maker Faire and the whole Maker Movement. More pics of the day, here: